Friday, July 10, 2015

Classroom Decorating Day 3

I am exhausted, y'all! It's almost 9 o'clock and I really just want to take a bath and go to bed, but I wanted to share my progress today since it's finally starting to take shape. Plus, tomorrow's post will be chapter 3 in my Word Nerds book study. Be sure and read about chapter 1 and chapter 2 before tomorrow's post and if you don't have the book, go order it now! You will love it!!! :)
So, I arrived at my classroom this morning and starting putting up this board to kick off my black and white theme.
And then I realized I had no border. I haven't been to a school supply store ONCE this summer! Can y'all believe that?! I sure can't! I'm pretty sure the owners of my local school supply store couldn't either. :) 

Anyways, I went with the intention of purchasing ONLY border, but then I saw this:
Did y'all know they made patterned bulletin board paper?!?! I just had to get some. I mean, right? I could not pass this up! :) 

I was also shocked to discover pocket charts in other colors besides blue. I guess when you don't visit a school supply store in a year, they get new inventory! :) I needed a pocket chart for my word nerds board that I'm creating and really wanted a pretty green or purple, but I ended up with black since it was going on that pretty pink polka dot paper. 

So, after coming in for border ONLY, I left with this! I'm kinda over the chevron craze, but I did really like that pink chart paper! And I thought the black polka dot would work well with my black and white theme. The sentence strips are for my Word nerds board. 

The closest school supply store is about an hour away from me, so once I got back, I started to just call it a day and not return to the classroom, but I decided to go ahead and get a little bit done. I ended up getting 2 and 1/2 boards finished! This one is by far the biggest. It will display our comprehension skills and strategies anchor charts that we are working on during that grading period. Want to see what I'm teaching first? Check out this post. 





I found this lamp on clearance at Hancock's Fabric at the beginning of summer. Isn't it pretty? And that desk calender is from the Day Designer line by Blue Sky for Target. They have the prettiest calendars and agendas right now at Target. Love!

I haven't finished bordering this green board (future evidence board), but I wanted to show y'all how good it looks without any border at all. I'm seriously in love with this paper!

It's coming together! I can't wait to start decorating boards! :) I'll be back tomorrow with a Word Nerds post! :) Happy weekend! 

Be sure and check out my newest obsession, Agenda Planning, on my Life+Style blog Southern Belle Inspired :)

8 comments:

  1. Your classroom is turning out beautifully, as always!!! May I ask how do you attach the bulletin board paper to the cinder block walls? Also, what do you use to attach the things that you will be changing on the top of the paper? (such as vocabulary or spelling words). I teach first grade in Massachusetts and with all of the seasonal changes we have, it is difficult to get things to stick to the walls. Scotch brand packing tape works best, but not for the whole school year. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your room! It looks amazing!! I love some polka dots in my life! :)
    Moore to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. All of these colors make me smile. All. Of. Them.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! Patterned bulletin board paper?! Woah! Mind blown! Please share pics of your bulletin boards when you are done. They look gorgeous as they are without anything but paper and borders so I can just imagine how awesome they'll look when they are decorate. Awesomeness!

    Best,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you please tell me what store you purchased the polka dot bulletin board paper at? I love it! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love to see ypour posts. informative news for me. Get the news about cricket live streaming and daily vlog cricket live updates. cricket news today shows your daily cricket updates to the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is very good and informative article about decorating the class day by day and is more good for our children's. so keep watching football live streaming for mobile on our site and get entertainment with your children's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is very good and informative article about decorating the class day by day and is more good for our children's. so keep watching football live streaming for mobile on our site and get entertainment with your children's.

    ReplyDelete