Monday, May 26, 2014

How to Store Anchor Charts


I've always gotten a lot of emails asking how I keep up with all the anchor charts I create and up until this year I couldn't give you an answer. When I taught first grade, I was in a really small classroom that had NO cabinet space. There was a row of small cabinets on one wall that were too little to keep anything big in and they were so deep that lots of stuff unfortunately got crammed into the back and I could never find it. The tall cabinets at the front of the room didn't offer much storage either. A friend sent me a pic of how she stored her anchor charts and I thought it was a brilliant idea! She attached command hooks to the back of a cabinet door and hung her charts. Genius! The only problem was that my cabinet doors weren't big enough. 
Fast forward to this year when I moved to fifth grade and upgraded to a bigger classroom with, you guessed it!, bigger cabinets. I cannot tell you what a difference all these cabinets have made. I am able to store EVERYTHING in them and the doors now hold all my anchor charts. I'm not longer throwing them away and recreating them year after year. Love! 

Just look past that mess crammed into the cabinets. In my defense they don't normally look that bad. We have to get all our stuff up off the floor so they can wax the floors every summer so in the cabinets all the junk went. My next project is tackling that mess! 



Do you have a clever solution to storing anchor charts? Leave a comment and let us know! :)

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I hang mine on the back of my chart stand, but I may just try this. I don't have a door to hang them on, though. But where there's a will, there's a way! :)

    Permanently Primary

    ReplyDelete
  2. To keep my anchor charts lasting longer I tape a sentence strip to the back of the chart. I laminate the ones that I use the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are stored in a similar way… I have two nails in the wall and I clip up the charts with binder clips and hang them that way… If that makes sense! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete