Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My new favorite toy

I don't know what it is about the holidays, but I love to splurge on something "fun". This year I decided it was finally time to purchase a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. I've been wanting one ever since we did a linky party over at Blog Hoppin' where everyone showed off their neat creations. You can find that post here
I took the sale price as a sign that I truly needed this :D 

There's SO much you can create using this machine. I've had a Cricut and absolutely hated it. It didn't cut well and it was so expensive buying all those cartridges. I mainly used mine for cutting out letters, so I was basically paying $60 per font. CRAZY! That's what I love about my cameo: it hooks up to your computer, so you can use any font you have. *love*
Here's some of the things I've created over the past two days...I've gone a little crazy after discovering vinyl. LOL






Those fabulous parts of speech posters were created by the talented Lady Bugs Teacher Files. *LOVE*



 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like SO much fun! I want one now. I have always heard of them but it was neat to look at how they were done on your blog. Adding this to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a circuit for about 5 years and haven't used it for well over 3... Ugh! This looks like WAY more fun!!

    Andrew
    Mr. First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mine! Hope you have so, so, so much more fun with it!

    Alyse
    Keep Calm and Apple On

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your creations! I'm definitely adding a Silhouette Cameo to my Christmas list :) Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got one too! You've used yours way more than I have. Are the black clouds vinyl, too or just he lettering on them?

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm absolutely wanting a Cameo....now that the hustle and bustle of the holidays is almost over...maybe, just maybe...I'll treat myself. Love your little creations!

    Tanya
    A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks amazing! Now I want one for myself...lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete