Friday, January 18, 2013

Five for Friday

I'm linking up with Kacey over at Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! I'm sharing random happenings from my past week, including school and non school related.

 Let's start with the non school randoms, shall we?
My latest Sephora mini-haul arrived Tuesday. I have become obsessed with Soap and Glory. Any other fans of this brand? The Hand Food hand cream is the BEST hand cream in the word. And it smells AMAZING! You have to try it out. The small size is only $5. I have several for my purse, bedroom, and desk at school. The extra one in the picture is for my cousin. Love it!

What?!? I had no idea I had $19.50 to spend from my extra bucks at CVS. My fall beauty spending has finally paid off. :) It was definitely a nice, little surprise today. 

Now on to the school related randoms.


We did a little germ activity for science today. We read this book, which I thought would be too hard for the kids to understand, but was pleasantly surprised at how into the book they were.

Then we made germs!

I'm working on a literary companion for one of my new favorite books, Hugs From Pearl.
I am IN LOVE with this book. It's by the same author of A Pet for Petunia, another favorite. This is just the sweetest story. Check it out here.
Here's a little sneak peek of the craft that will be included in the pack.

We've also be busy finishing up our author study on Jonathan London, author of the Froggy books.

Be sure and link up with Doodle Bugs here.







7 comments:

  1. Found your blog via Doodle Bugs' linky. I'm your newest follower.

    OH MY GOODNESS! I love the Hand Food lotion. I picked it up a few months ago b/c I was looking for a lotion that would really work with my overly dry/painfully dry hands. Welcome to being from WI and the wonderful winters we have. :) I'm super glad I found this lotion b/c it works wonders.

    Those germs turned out adorable. I'm thinking my kinder kids are going to get a little germ lesson next week since we have a short week. I may have to borrow the germ craftivity.

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just started a Jonathan London author study. My kids are SO engaged while I am reading them. Today, they *self* discovered "Text to Text" comprehension. I was super excited.

    What have you done so far? I'd love some ideas!

    The Frizz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang I have to try that Hand Food lotion! I'm a Curel girl! And I love little Pearl! Adorable!!!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh...I'm going to have to get that book...looks adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Target used to sellmsoapmand glory and I got hooked. They stopped carrying it so I'm glad you posted this! My favorite is the spray lotion. It's Devine!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete