Friday, July 13, 2012

Classroom Decorating Day 7: See it Sort it Pocket Chart Center

Do y'all have a pocket chart center in your classroom? I've never been a fan of pocket charts. When will someone create some in some other color besides royal blue??? That doesn't go with everyone's color scheme. Wouldn't some lime green or bright purple be pretty? Someone needs to get on that.
Anyway, last year I decided to create a pocket chart center in my classroom because I had too many at the independent/buddy reading center and they needed to be split up. It ended up working out so well! There are so many center activities to use here and I'm in the process of creating some back to school pocket chart activities that will be perfect for this. :)
I'm in love with this rug. Found it at Lowe's. I need to go back and get another one to go at Story Chatter 

Still need to cover the front of the filing cabinet.

I wanted to show y'all my new seating for Word Work. I've spray painted folding chairs for my small group area, I'm doing crate seats for the computers and I still unsure about comprehension center. But I found this at Wal Mart this morning and thought it was perfect! This was the only one they had so I'll need to check at the other Wal Marts, but hopefully they've have them too.


Happy weekend! :)




20 comments:

  1. That pocket chart is really cute.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you did with your pocket chart. The eyes are so cute! I used to have a pocket chart center where students did follow the directions craft projects. The kids loved it, but I hated preparing materials. :( I love those seats! They look really cute in your room! I love lime green!

    Have a good weekend!
    :)

    Blessings of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "See it, Sort it" board!! Pinning!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found yellow, green, red and blue pocket charts at target in the $1 bins a few years ago. Wish they would get them again.
    Heather
    Http://thebusybusyhive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have them this year. Purple one's too:)

      Delete
  5. Your sort it buddy chart is so cool. The kids will love it.
    Thanks,
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pocket chart area. That makes the pocket chart look so much better and it's cute! Did you know that Lakeshore has red and green pocket charts? I have bought those to have different colors. The rug and the seating are great. I may need to go check out Walmart.

    Diane
    The Teacher's Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walmart has free Site to store shipping:). Check their website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the eyes on top of the pocket chart - so cute! I saw another blogger recently changed the color of her pocket chart by covering it with colored duct tape... the back was messed up but the front looked pretty!
    Heather

    Kickin' it in Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving your pocket chart center. Too cute! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable and creative! Your students must love your creativity and spark!!! THANK YOU for the ideas! If you have not checked out my Blog please do so! I am always looking for new followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This set up is super cute! I was at target this week, and they have purple pocket charts in the dollar spot! I bought a ton!

    Dede @ 1stgradeevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pocket chart center! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute!! I love this idea!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did you cover your file cabinet? I really like that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found your blog through pinterest. SO many fabulous ideas. I am a new follower.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  16. What kinds of things do the students sort? I love love the idea but need some examples to get my ideas going!

    ReplyDelete