Saturday, July 16, 2011

Classroom decorating: Day Three

I may have spent way longer than I meant to working today, but I got a ton done. Plus, it was really cloudy which messed up my laying out plans so it all worked out. :) Here's today's update:

Accomplished: Part of the Focus Board

The 'Words to Know' will go in the top right corner and the spelling words will go below them. All you fellow Reading Street teachers out there, if you don't already know about Langston's focus board resources, you must! You can find them here!

Accomplished: Front Meeting Area

I'm LOVING how this area is turning out. I plan to display our charts that we make in Reader''s Workshop and that we do with our reading series on the pink board behind the easel and my wicker rocker. 

Accomplished:  A tiny bit of the writing center done
I almost didn't post the pic because there's hardly anything to it, but I love how the letters on the paper plates look. I learned this trick from somewhere, but I cannot remember where??? Anyways, this is going to be my writing center. I'm adding 'Let's' above the plate letters and put a little bird to the left. Below this the word lists that we create and charts that we do in Writer's Workshop will be displayed, making it easy for the kids to see and easy to find words to spell.

Accomplished: Cubbies! Wow what a job!

Accomplished: Placing my paper sorter...aren't these three baskets pretty? I found them in the clearance section of Michaels. I love a good deal!

And the last thing I did was change the border on the back board. I just wasn't feeling the black polka dots. I think it looks much better now, don't you?



15 comments:

  1. Looks so cute and colorful! Can't wait to get into my classroom:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great!

    mysecondgradejournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where or where did you get those green carpets for your group meeting area?!!? (And how much were they?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how bright your classroom is! It sure is coming along!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a classroom I'd like to be a student in! Very colorful and organised. Thanks for posting your updates!

    Down Under Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! Your hard work is paying off! I know you're excited. It makes me excited to get into my room just looking at yours. Keep posting pictures please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your color choices in your room!!! I love the new borders and such too! I can't wait to start on my room this Thursday!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the colors...I'm thinking of changing themes but can't commit :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very envious. I like to start setting up my room on the last week of July. So I can have time to set up slowly. Although, I am not sure about this year. My campus is painting and recarpeting, which is wonderful, but I am concerned about time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room is fabulous!!!!! I love it! I bet your kids just love you as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors that you have in your classroom. It is so easy to spend a lot of time at the beginning of the year getting our room ready. I think we could spend all summer long if we wanted to. Your kids will love it!!
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your classroom is looking great. Love all the pink and green. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your room. I couldn't find a link to Langston's focus board resources you mentioned. Can you tell me where to look?
    Thanks.
    Mary Pitner Pitner's Potpourri pitnerm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete